Position: Ecommerce Marketing Lead
Location: Southern California (Santa Barbara to San Diego)
We are: Riptide Electric Skateboards, an up-and-coming SoCal company focused on building majorly powerful electric skateboards in a compact, convenient, skate-able package - starting at $599.
You are: A driven content creator who understands social media from both user and brand perspectives. Must be able to skateboard. Bonus points if you have experience with digital marketing, graphic design, and web design.
- You own our Instagram stories. Usually you'll be filming POV but occasionally you'll point the camera towards yourself. Make it entertaining! Ride cool places. Do cool stuff. Go get tacos. Cruise into class just in time. Get others to ride with you. You know Instagram - we're looking for the kind of fast-paced, sticky content that people can't take their eyes off of. We're there to assist with the more serious camera equipment but we expect you to be savvy at capturing stories using your phone.
- Create. Pictures, videos, campaigns, sales. You bring your creativity to the table to help us think up ideas to sell boards, and then you execute those ideas, launching them on our website and through social channels.
- Research, reach out to, and collaborate with other cool brands and creators. Brainstorm cool content ideas for our stories and channels. We're a very small company with next-to-no red tape. If you've got an idea just pitch it, we'll approve a little budget, and then BAM you go execute it!
- Must have experience with digital marketing, either creating marketing assets (postings, ads, etc), or deploying them through Facebook / Google AdWords, we're looking to you to feed a shot of adrenaline into our marketing approach.
- Must be able to skate. No need for tricks but you must be comfortable cruising. Bonus points if you have some tricks in the bag like this guy. More bonus points if you know people that can skate and be featured in pictures / videos.
- Bonus points if you know any of these softwares or skills: Final Cut Pro, Premier, GoPro, Drone Flying, Lightroom, etc, or you've ever had a YouTube channel of your own.
- This is a part time, hourly consultant role, 5-15 hours per week. Ideally you are available 1-2 weekdays per week. This is negotiable. That said if you're absolutely the right person, we'll make it work!
- We're a small, expanding company and this role may grow over time.
How to Apply:
Apply with your resume, a picture, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to see your resume but its much more important for us to get an understanding of who you are so be sure to include links to pieces of content that that show off your personality. We're stoked to meet you!